The Netherlands’ no. 2 on the energy market, Nuon, has agreed to a friendly takeover by Swedish energy provider Vattenfall. The move follows last month’s takeover of Essent by Germany’s RWE.

Swedish state-owned energy giant Vattenfall is poised to take over Dutch energy provider Nuon. Both companies announced in a joint statement that Vattenfall is buying a minority share of 49 percent within the next few months, and the remaining 51 percent

Leave a Reply